Friday, April 11, 2008

Disneyland and Facebook


This last Monday and Tuesday, Ryan and I had a fabulous date "get away" together. Thanks to my sweet in-laws' Christmas present of Disney bucks and my parents' Christmas present of annual passes, we were able to stay the night at the Grand Californian. We spent Monday afternoon in California Disney. It was a beautiful day, with a little breeze and plenty of sunshine. We were able to go on all the rides we wanted before dinner.

Sweet Ryan took me to the Napa Rose for dinner. Yum! It was some of the best gourmet food I've ever had. I went off watching calories for one night and had a filet mignon with brie topping over a cherry and cabernet demiglaze. Ryan had the BEST teriyaki shortribs ever! We split a side of bubbly, cheesy scalloped potatoes. Divine! "We" split a creme brule with a raspberry puree for dessert, but I think I ate all of it. I was SO full.

We then went into the Disneyland park for a night of more rides. We watched the fireworks and stayed until 10:30. We were SO tired!

The next morning, we got up early to do the Magic Morning. If you stay in a resort hotel, you get in the park an hour before it opens. They only open Fantasyland and Tomorrowland, but we got on Space Mountain, Star Tours and Matterhorn all before the park opened. Then, we stood over by the rope near Adventureland, so when the park opened we were one of the first on Indiana Jones. After a second ride on Thunder Mountain, we went over and devoured a breakfast at the Riverbelle Terrace. It was so nice just relaxing and watching all the boats and tourists.

With the advantage of 2 days, Magic Morning and Fast Passes, we got on everything we wanted to do. In fact, we counted that we had been on 24 rides. This is amazing considering the fact that it was insanely crowded on Tuesday--90 minute waits for the Matterhorn, 60 minute waits for Nemo, etc. It was spring break for many districts, which we didn't know when we booked the date.

It was so fun getting to "date" Ryan and have some time together. He is an incredible person and husband, and I appreciate every moment God gives us!

Moving abruptly to another topic, if you haven't join Facebook, do it! It is a fun way to keep track of friends and network. When you join, make sure you join the Compass Bible Church group. It is amazing how many people are on the site, and it gives you access to all the tools you need to find out what is new at Compass Bible Church.

7 comments:

Amy Kaylor Photography said...

Wow...so FUN! I don't think I have been to Disneyland without the kids and just Todd. What a great idea! We are coming to visit the end of May, so we have got to get together!! ;o)

Anonymous said...

So I think Compass is taking over Facebook!!!!! Way to promote!

Rebecca Millsap said...

Aww Disneyland dates :) Awesome times! Some of our best! We should do another Hawley/Millsap Disneyland date! I know Abby misses Carter and we haven't gotten to talk much lately!

Glad to see you're on facebook :)

Laura said...

I'm so glad you had a fabulous time at Disney with Ryan. Jeff and I really should head over there together before our passes expire.
How funny that I just joined Facebook after all this time. I'll go find the Compass group now!

Seagers said...

Chiara,
What a fun date! I am hesitant to join facebook. I already have myspace and blogger. It seems like a lot of internet stuff. Anyhow...thanks for sharing and great mafia last night!

Shannon said...

How fun for you guys! I bet Disneyland is like a whole new place when you go without Carter :)

Ryan Hawley said...

It was weird to be at Disneyland and not go on Dumbo or the teacups (those are at the top of Carter's list)