Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Baby Date and Potty Training

Well, I went into my 36 week appointment and the ultrasound showed the baby to measure about 8lb. and 5oz. with still 4 weeks to go! The technician and the doctor both told me the ultrasound measures slightly big sometimes, but not that much. My extremely large tummy and my genetic history are telling me this baby is BIG! My mom and sisters all had LARGE babies--my sister was 10lb, 10oz! Carter was only 7lb, 7oz (which his ultrasound predicted to the ounce!), but he is ALL Hawley genes, where the babies are much smaller. Micah, the baby's name if you hadn't heard, is seeming to have more Padilla genes.

So, the doctor wants to induce me on March 3rd. Hopefully the baby won't be TOO large, and I will avoid a C-section. However, my main concern is just that the baby is healthy and doesn't have any trauma or problems due to his size. I know God is in control--thank goodness!

The day before my ultrasound, my family threw me a surprise baby shower! I was so touched and excited! I had those I love best around me and had a relaxing and fun night celebrating baby Micah.





This new due date has expedited my potty training sessions with Carter. Actually, I was planning to train him after Christmas, but we were so busy! Then I decided that I would start after our coastal trip in January. Of course, that is when we all got so deathly ill for weeks on end. So, now I have 2 weeks to try and make it stick!!
Carter is doing awesome! I'm even training him while he is crabby and sick with a cold. He had one or two accidents the first two days, but he is doing awesome overall at telling me when he feels the "urge" and running to the potty. The first day I gave him too many treats, and he got a stomach ache. So, the second day he got a toy from the dollar bin at Target for having a good day of training. Today is the third day, and we are going to try an outing with big boy undies on him. We'll see if we have an accident! Enjoy the pictures, and I'll let you know more about everything as the BIG day approaches!

3 comments:

sabrinahendsbee said...

Chiara, that is great that Carter is doing so well with potty training! Way to go, Carter! Sometime I'll have to tell you about my potty training Savannah--it was even more down to the wire in terms of being close to the due date of baby #2.

The Stephens Family said...

Scott loves the name that was one that he liked for Mason. And to have him next week. How exciting!!!

Rebecca Millsap said...

You're doing great! Keep up the great work with potty training! He's getting it! :) Looking forward to seeing Micah soon!