Friday, August 22, 2008

Snoogle




Well, in vain hopes of sleeping better on those nauseated nights, I searched storage and aired out my pregnancy pillow, called a Snoogle. It didn't help me at all, but Carter found a new favorite toy. At first, he was a little frightened of the pillowy heap on the floor by my bed, but as soon as I reassured him that it was only a pillow and told him it had a name--Snoogle--he was hooked. He claimed it as his own and calls to me various times throughout the day, "Mooooommmmy! Come Snoogle with me!"


He is in a momma's boy stage, hugging me constantly and saying, "I love my mommy." (much to Ryan's chagrin). He loves his daddy too, but perhaps he has an inkling of what is to come in 6 and a half months and he's latching on a little tighter.


I have also finally seen him love books. Both Ryan and I love to read (though Ryan, the business major, reads more currently than his English major wife), so I kept wondering why my active little boy hadn't "discovered" a joy for books. Now, he loves stories. His current favorites are The Very Hungry Catepillar (because he can count all the foods) and a story, called Little Buddy, that I made up to pass time with Carter in an airport. He'll settle for any book, though. I took him to the public library again, recently, and I can't understand why the Mission Viejo branch fills the kids' section with toys. Of course, he doesn't sit and read. He wants to play with blocks, puzzles and Legos. I'll have to try a different city branch.


Anyway, enjoy the Snoogle pictures. They crack me up.

6 comments:

Ryan Hawley said...

I'm glad to see my little guy is enjoying the snoogle. That thing looks pretty comfortable. Maybe I'll try it out.

Shannon said...

Carter is getting so big! He looks grown up in those photos. Maybe you should try the Ladera library. I've never looked in the kid's section, but the library itself is nice.

Drew & Erica said...

that is so cute that he says 'mommy, come snoogle with me'. that must be priceless to hear ;)

Amy Kaylor Photography said...

I love that snoogle! If I had known I was going to be pregnant non stop for 3 years I would have had Todd cut a hole for my belly in our mattress!! Keep up the reading Carter...it will be such a blessing to you later on in life!

Jennifer Gray said...

Oh man is he cute!!! He reminds me of Noah so much even as he's growing up. I love the pictures of him sitting reading and more and more he is looking like a little "boy." Strange how fast time flies. Honestly.

mark.vr said...

Good to hear that Carter's reading a lot. Hope loves anything new too. I had forgotten about those Snoogle-like things. I guess that happens after a couple years.