Tuesday, May 13, 2008

God Provides

This week, God has generously poured His provision on myself and my family. I feel like every turn I take, I hear good news, answered prayer and encouragement. There have been a couple of bumps in the road (for example, I saw the elusive rat in my garage, and it is about 5 pounds--HUGE!), but God has been faithful through everything and I have felt His hand through the yucky and the good. This was such a blessing to me this week, as Ryan is in the midst of his ten day business trip to Italy. I am having such a good time rejoicing with those who rejoice and feeling the prayers and care of my family and church body.
Facebook has been SUCH a blessing! I have gotten so many nice posts on my wall to tell me people didn't forget I'm alone and I'm being covered in prayer. Friend after friend has invited me to dinner or lunch, and Carter and I don't even have time to dwell on the sadness of missing Ryan.

My parents and in-laws have endured rain at Disneyland and nights of babysitting Carter to allow me to continue a fun week with little breaks in my schedule. They always are willing to help in this way, and I am so grateful for having them in my life.

God provided Ryan with a Christian mentor at his small training in Italy this week. At a time he felt alone, the new mentor came alongside and was able to encourage Ryan in his walk in a business setting.

My sister-in-law was able to hear God's answer to prayer concerning our church's Family Flick Night venue. His answer was amazing and just in His timing! We are so thankful!

There are a million examples of answered prayer this week, but I won't bore you with all of the details.

All I wanted to post was God is Good! He has poured His love upon me in so many ways I don't deserve, and I am thankful!

8 comments:

Seagers said...

After I hung up with you today, I realized that Ryan was gone, and that I had not asked about how you were doing. I know God is good, and am so glad you are rejoicing in that!

Jennifer Gray said...

So funny - I've also been so blown away lately at how great God is and I've been seeing His provision and answers to prayer everywhere I turn.
I'm so glad you're having a good week while Ryan's gone.
Jen

Amy Kaylor Photography said...

Amen! God has been showing up all over the place here lately in our family and I too feel so blessed. I know what it is like to be home alone and although it's never fun, I too have realized that there are lots of friends who are there to help! We'll see you soon.

Tall Tale of a Teacher! said...

That is so awesome Chiara! I love that we have a God that shows up and blows us away! Also so glad Carter and you are having a great week...enjoy each other!

Shannon said...

I am so glad you had a good week while Ryan was gone (I'm sorry Carter got sick though). I hope you have a great week this week celebrating his safe return!

Ryan Hawley said...

It is amazing how God provides. It makes us feel a bit silly about the times we doubt Him.

Rebecca Millsap said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rebecca Millsap said...

I can never get bored hearing answers to prayer! Great post and we had a LOT of fun that week! :)