Thursday, October 16, 2008

It's a Boy!

Well, we had our big ultrasound yesterday, and we are officially a boy family, which is something I imagined all along. I just don't believe I'm girlie enough to have a daughter, as I didn't enjoy dolls growing up, I don't do nails or hair, and I am not in tune with my emotions like most girls. Ryan and I laugh that I act more like a guy sometimes with my habits than he does. I always liked the matter of fact and sensible way guys deal with life--no drama.
What gives me the greatest joy, however, is that I know the gender, and everything else about this little guy, was planned by my Creator ahead of time. He is the picture of health, and it was answers to our prayer that there was not a single physical worry about the baby.
I can't wait to meet him--no names yet, but we have a list started. Carter is going to be both excited and, probably, put off by the arrival of another boy, but they will be good buddies as they grow up together. I pray I have enough energy to be a mom of two boys, but it will certainly keep me from being physically lazy! I'll keep you posted on names and news as the pregnancy progresses.

7 comments:

Amy Kaylor Photography said...

What joyful news!! I have list of boys' names for you we never used. ;o) Jake William, Justin Todd, Jack William or my all time favorite Jake Ryan! He'll never know it was about a babe in Sixteen Candles.

theSanchez' said...

Yeah! How exciting and how neat to see God working in your life! Can't wait to meet you little one!

Dave and Kate said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just emailed you and asked, and then decided to check your blog to see if you posted anything about who was growing in you! :)
Congratulations. Boys are best, no doubt. Love the comment on the 'no drama'. Very true, and so far, I've been extremely blessed by that!! What great pals they will be for SURE! I think you should pick an "R" name so that your family can match....R-ryan, C-Chiara, C-Carter, R-______? r-c-c-r. I wish we could have done that, but we thought of it too late! I met a kid whose name was serioulsy, "Rad". Don't do that. :)
Love, katie

Gathered Chick said...

Congratulations Chiara! I'm so happy for you!!

~H

Jennifer Gray said...

Oh yay for a healthy ultrasound! What a gift! I'm so happy for you and love that you remind us all that God knows every detail of this boy and all we know is the gender. Oh how fun to have another boy!
Thank you for sharing with us.

Rebecca Millsap said...

So thankful for such a good appointment and will continue to keep you and your sweet baby boy in my prayers! By the way, I think you're more girlie than you think!

Ryan Hawley said...

I remember laughing at you acting like a guy. I just don't remember the "more than I do" part of it...