Monday, September 24, 2007

September 23rd, a busy day!





Sunday started with an early morning, as we all met in Fashion Island to walk in the Susan Komen walk for breastcancer awareness. This disease runs in my family, affecting my aunt, Ryan's aunt, and my sister. Both my aunt and sister are blessed survivors, and it was a joy to celebrate God's healing and provision for them as we walked the course. After the walk, Ryan, Susan--my mother-in-law--, Carter and I went to the Corner Bakery for breakfast before heading to church.

That afternoon, we celebrated my birthday with my family at my parents' home. You can see some of my nieces and nephews in the pictures above. I'm 33 now! I pray I can have a great year ahead, serving God and others and growing closer to my Heavenly Father.

Ryan and I celebrated my birthday a day early, on Saturday, by going to see the Dead Sea Scrolls in San Diego and eating at Jake's in Del Mar. It was a beautiful day, and it was fun being together without Carter and spending precious time laughing and just talking. Of course my very thoughtful husband also decorated the house with birthday decorations, had a beautiful bouquet of flowers for me and had some fun presents to open. It was a very blessed birthday, with the best gifts being time spent with those I love!

6 comments:

Seagers said...

Chiara,
I ran that morning too! A bunch of members of the community that I teach in, and some teachers from my school do it every year to honor a few women who have survived as well from the Northwood Irvine neighborhood. I am glad you had a good b-day too!

Rebecca Millsap said...

Hi!
Great to hear that you had a fun birthday weekend! Maybe next year I can join you and Megan and walk for such an awesome cause!

Rebecca Millsap said...

Did I tell you too that we named Abby after a friend of mine who had breast cancer? Everyone knows someone.

Tall Tale of a Teacher! said...

Happy Birthday! So glad that Ryan and you enjoyed time together!

Yvonne F. said...

Happy belated-birthday Chiara! What a fun day and you have such a great family to celebrate it with. It was so nice to see a picture of Christa on your post. Wow it has been years since I have seen her. Please say hi to her for me.

Ryan Hawley said...

Happy birthday, babe! I like the fancy picture thing...