Saturday, March 22, 2008

An Easter Poem











Easter Morning

Radiant morning! What brilliant sun!
The warmth of God's glory. His victory won!
The tomb is found empty and the rock's rolled away.
Death now is conquered on this glorious day.


Radiant morning! My soul lifts in song.
The Righteous has paid for my every wrong.
The tomb is found empty and the rock's rolled away.
My Savior is risen on this glorious day!


Radiant morning! I worship my King.
Our access to God only Jesus can bring.
The tomb is found empty and the rock's rolled away.
What joy overflowing on this long promised day!

5 comments:

Amy Kaylor Photography said...

You could write a little devotional poetry book! I'd buy it.

Seagers said...

You rock!

Shannon said...

What a great poem, Chiara. Thanks for sharing.
If you ever do consider publishing your poems I can point you in the direction of some good poetry anthologies that take submissions!

Ryan Hawley said...

I agree with Shannon. You should look into that -- you definitely have some talent. And all the poems rhyme -- which, in my book, is pretty much what defines good poetry...

sabrinahendsbee said...

This is a wonderful poem! Not only does it sound beautiful, but more importantly, it is filled with beautiful truth!