Monday, March 31, 2008

Go Bruins!


Being a UCLA alumni, and being a fan of watching Bruin sports, I have been thrilled that the Bruins have had such a successful run in the Tournament this year. Carter loves to run around the living room yelling, "slam dunk!" and then do exactly that with his Fisher Price basketball hoop. He also makes sure that we have the UCLA flag flying in the front yard. Our neighbor has an identical flag, which Carter saw one day and thought he stole from our house. When I was able to calm him down enough and dry his tears, I showed him our flag was still at our house. He was consoled.

When I was attending UCLA, our team won the national title. It was phenomenal! I also loved walking on campus and running into George Zidek, Tyus Edney or one of the O' Bannon brothers. Ryan makes fun of me because I always talk about the Tournament game when Tyus Edney ran across the court and made a basket in a matter of seconds (to win the game). I never camped out overnight to get tickets to Pauley Pavilion during their winning season. However, I watched every game intently on television.

Sports are fun, and I can't wait until little Carter gets older and picks his favorite. His current dream is basketball, but we are trying to push him to a sport where you can be average to shorter in height. Soccer or baseball are great options for my busy little man. We'll see what he wants to do . . .

For now, go Bruins! I am having a great time rooting for my team!

5 comments:

Shannon said...

How fun Chiara! I'm glad UCLA is doing so well. That's so cute that Carter thought your neighbor stole your flag :) Carter might consider taking up bowling when he is older...just a thought :)

Drew & Erica said...

Chiara -

I remember the Tyus Edney shot you're talking about - he saved the game with something like 1.8 seconds left. That was such fun to watch the Bruins that year. I always was a basketball nut when I was at UCLA - my friends & I would always camp outside Pauley before games for the best seats. Good memories! Go Bruins!

Amy Kaylor Photography said...

I worked for a dentist who was a UCLA graduate and his partner a USC graduate. You can only imagine the comraderie there!!!

Seagers said...

I grew up with a Dad who was a UCLA fan/alum, and a Grandpa who was a USC fan. I have always loved UCLA, and my sis USC. Funny huh? Anyhow, I always pick them to win in my bracket...maybe this year they will finally come through for me (of course it is the only recent year where I have no $ on them!)

Ryan Hawley said...

Poor Bruis. Out again in the Final Four. Hopefully Love, Collison, and Westbrook won't all leave...