Saturday, February 2, 2008

The Bahamas


Our trip to the Bahamas was wonderful. From the moment we stepped off the plane to smell the sweet, sticky air of the tropics, we felt relaxed. In retrospect, the weather was not spectacular. It poured one of our days there, it was clear and perfect one of our days there, and it was cloudy and muggy on two of our days there. However, we were not there to have perfect tans. Our objective to spend time together and take a break from our busy schedules was achieved. To see how God was able to use our trip, read my post below.

We spent many hours reading by the pool, playing tennis in the morning, playing pool in the billiards room after dinner, playing cards in the late afternoon, and eating meal after meal of delicious food. We tried to burn some of the calories with two morning gym workouts and three games of competitive tennis, but I still found I ate more than I burned off in exercise. Ah, but that is one of the delights of vacation! We also went on a snorkeling expedition one morning and took one afternoon bus trip into Nassau. Overall, it was a special trip, and I will have fond memories of our Bahamian retreat--standing still for five days, just to laugh with and remember the blessing of my husband.

5 comments:

Seagers said...

I'm so glad it was a blessing to you guys! Can't wait to see you soon :)

Amy Kaylor Photography said...

Looks like my kind of vacation. Whenever we go away with the kids we call it a working vacation! Glad you enjoyed your time away.

Shannon said...

I'm so glad you guys were able to relax (and that God was able to use you). And I think I heard somewhere that calories don't count on vacation :)

Tall Tale of a Teacher! said...

Looks like you guys had fun! What a treat!

Ryan Hawley said...

That was a fun trip. Thanks babe!