Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Valentine


I am going to steal an idea from my friend, Jessica, and list some of my favorite things in honor of Valentine's Day! I pray everyone is able to have a special day, no matter whether it involves flowers, cards, candy or a nice dinner. Being a believer, we have the most wonderful Valentine of all--God's love given in the gift of Christ! Happy Valentine's Day!

Some things I love and for which I am so thankful:

--Carter laughing a deep chuckle

--snuggling with my husband and watching television

--A hot cup of coffee, tea, or hot chocolate

--a hot bowl of steaming soup

--The sound of the breeze rustling leaves on a lazy, summer afternoon

--Friday nights

--twinkle lights (white Christmas type lights)

--Going to church

--rainy days/nights when you can curl up by a fire and read a book

--Blankets

--Walks with my husband and Carter, just chatting about life

--When Carter says, "Hold you" and snuggles his head in the nook of my shoulder

--ice cream

--Playing cards with Ryan on vacation

--putting on fancy dresses

--Costa Rica

--The smell of shampoo in Carter's clean hair

--Candles at a restaurant

--Ryan all dressed up in work clothes

--Reading the paper at Starbucks

--The excitement and planning of an upcoming vacation

--backscratches

--Doing creative projects--blogging, sewing, drawing, writing, cooking, knitting, etc.

--Looking at photo albums

--Singing worship songs

--Going to nice dinners in a fancy dress

--Chick Fillet shakes (oreo)

--The Filet Mignon with blue cheese at Outback

--A summer BBQ

--Relaxing with family

--Planning parties

--Church or building bells chiming

--e-mail

--The ocean just before a storm

--loud thunder

--the sounds of a nighttime football game

--dancing

--hiking with Ryan

--Hearing our pastor give Bible sermons--always something to learn!

--The smell of sunscreen

--Christmas parties

--Fireworks

--sushi with wasabi

--Chinese food with chopsticks and cups of hot tea

--Watching Carter dance

--Teaching children

--Walks behind the Montage right around sunset

--The special herb butter at Ti Amos

--Going to Disneyland ( I love the gardens and paths that all wind around the castle, but I love this little, quiet, secret tunnel by the Mexican food restaurant and the shooting range at night--it has colored bubble lights and is a nice, romantic place to enjoy the twilight.

--Chatting with friends at parks, Bible study, and nights out

--Friends who are truthful, loving sisters in Christ--spurring me on in growth with God

--When Carter would kick my tummy when I was pregnant, and I would poke his little foot, hand or bottom--whatever was sticking out-- to make him wiggle.

--Knowing something you just saw or experienced was clearly God intervened

--Reading the Bible when I am stressed or worried

--My supportive and loving parents

--My sweet and wonderful in-laws

--Our Thrive group on Thursdays

--Sleeping in the car

--Hearing the garage open when Ryan gets home.

5 comments:

Seagers said...

This is a great list! And I especially love the garage opening too! Aren't we so blessed to have an amazingly loving God, wonderful husbands, healthy children and encouraging friends. God is good.

Amy Kaylor Photography said...

That was super fun to wake up to this morning to start my day. We make pink heart shaped pancakes today along with Todd meeting his little ladies at school for lunch with small gifts. The girls are giddy in anticipation.

Ryan Hawley said...

What a fun list! Those are all great things (except maybe the sushi).

Tall Tale of a Teacher! said...

I think that we need to go to Chick Fil A together too! Thank you for tonight as well. It was so nice to have a relaxing, enjoyable night with my husband! God just continues to bless us in so many ways!

Shannon said...

What a great idea. I want to make a list now. And I think it's so cool that you and Megan love the sound of the garage door opening just like I do :)