Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Ga-ga


I thought I'd quickly post this cute (and a little gross) story on this rainy morning.

Carter is in love with his two Ga-ga's-rhymes with mamas--(blankets). He squeals with delight and hugs them when I hand them to him. He wants to bring them everywhere! Once, at Disneyland, a kid was wearing a camoflauged shirt that looked like ga-ga, and Carter grabbed this boy's sleeve, rubbed it like he does his silky ga-ga and stuck his thumb in his mouth. Luckily, the poor kid didn't see Carter pawing his outfit.


Ryan and I have tried to keep ga-ga's in the crib, but long ago he learned how to reach into the crib and pull them out. I am trying to be firm with Carter about not always having his ga-ga's, so yesterday, I put them out of sight in the morning.


As I was eating my breakfast and reading the paper, Carter was playing and running around the kitchen with his letter magnets and other toys. At one point, Carter gleefully squeaked, "Ga-ga!" I was reading a story, so I mumbled, "hmmm ..." and didn't look. Then it dawned on me that I had ga-ga hidden. I looked over to find that Carter adopted the kitchen sink floormat as his new ga-ga, laying himself down under the dirty, nasty, crumb ridden rug and tucking it on top of himself. I have the picture to prove it!

5 comments:

Amy Kaylor Photography said...

Yup, that is gross. ;o) If Carter ever goes missing in the house you might just find him napping under there one day.

Love the new look of your blog!!
Amy

Shannon said...

I love the new background for your blog! That story about Carter is really gross--but I think it's funny he was rubbing the kid's shirt at Disneyland :)

Rebecca Millsap said...

Cute story! I love how our kids are both attached to their blankets! Abby refuses to go to sleep without her two bo-bos! I have a hard time washing them cause she's constantly moving them from room to room in the house! Your stories are too cute! :)

Tall Tale of a Teacher! said...

I love these two stories! At least they are blankets. Drew is attached to a bottle...not good. I am thinking the blankets are better than the kitchen rug :-) I love kids, they never stop making me laugh!

Drew & Erica said...

Chiara - I agree, a bit gross, but good for a little chuckle. I remember I had something similar when I was little and I had separation anxiety when my mom decided it was time to take it away. He's creative & resourceful. Gotta give him points for that!