Saturday, February 16, 2008

Dress Up



I may not have been blessed with a girl, but I love having a boy. Carter is all about balls, trucks, tractors, trains and cars. The weekly visit from the trash truck is the high and low of his week--ecstasy at hearing the approaching roar and tears as he turns around the corner to leave. We also have a tractor working near our home, which we drive by daily. He gives me a daily report about the dirt and whether the arm of the tractor is up or down.


However, Carter also has a funny side. He loves to dress up--he runs to Ryan's closet, slips on daddy's shoes and says, "I did it!" He also loves to try on sunglasses and giggle. Here are some pictures of Carter's recent dress up poses--mommy's sunglasses, glasses from "It's a Bug's Life" at Disneyland, and posing in Ryan's tennis shoes.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures!! Carter looks so adorable all "dressed up" like his daddy! I can't wait for days like that in our home!!! Boys are so much fun!!!! Children are such a blessing from God! I love hearing all the love in your words you have for your sweet little boy. He is truly blessed to have a mother like you who is so willing to serve God in any capacity she is able to!

Amy Kaylor Photography said...

What a cutie patootie!! I'll trade you any day for a train over the numerous wardrobes changes that occur in our home. ;o)

Tall Tale of a Teacher! said...

I love all the details of a tractor. I think that Drew already knows as much as me about bikes, cars, dirt bikes, tractors...the Vons center by our house is adding some stuff so there is dirt moving equipment and now he can't wait to go to the store and cries if they are "ni-night." How cute are those pictures of Carter! Some of my favorite memories of my brother and I as a kid are dressing up from our parent's closet! The bug glasses are too cute!

Shannon said...

Seriously, I don't think this kid can get any cuter! That is so priceless that he wants to dress in Ryan's clothes/shoes!

Ryan Hawley said...

Sometimes he likes to try on Mommy's shoes too.....but let's not talk about that.