Monday, February 25, 2008

Encourage One Another: Diana Nichol


Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.
1 Thessalonians 5:11
I have a few people I want to give a I Thessalonians 5:11 post, but I'll start today with a dear worker and member of Compass Bible Church, Diana Nichol. If you don't know Diana's name, you know her face. She is always in the church office, expertly dealing with hundreds of details in VARIOUS ministries, or you see her face when she is singing on the worship team, as she did this Sunday.

Thrive has been working with Diana Nichol for the past two years--going to her for notebooks, announcements in the bulletin, Xerox copies, facilities forms, all sorts of questions, and, most importantly to most of you, dinners for Thursday nights! Though Sean and Kelly Smith have stepped in to help Diana coordinate our meals and be our liason this semester, Diana ordered all the church Thursday dinners last semester, and she is still helping us currently. You can think of her next time you spoon Cosmo's salad and pasta on your plate.

What is special about Diana is her godly peacefulness and gentleness. She has one of those jobs where 99% of the population would stress and burn out quickly. She is a multi-tasker and an organizer extraordinaire. However, she is able to give all the difficulties and anxieties of her busy job to God. "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." I Peter 5:7
If you call Diana with a question, she always answers you as if she doesn't have 20 people to call and hours of work to do before she leaves for the day. If you run into her in the hall, she greets you with a smile--even though she knows she is probably about to get asked to do something. She exemplifies the call to do all to the glory of God, never letting her circumstances change her witness to others and her effectiveness to serve the church body. "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31

I'm so thankful for her expertise, her kindness, her organization, her talents, her example and her willingness to be used for God's family. Thank you, Diana, for continually demonstrating godly patience toward Ryan and I. This is an area in which I struggle, and I deeply value those who can teach me this virtue with their example. You are greatly appreciated!

6 comments:

Rebecca Millsap said...

I too am SO thankful for Diana! Every time I have a question, she's the first person I contact!!! She always has an answer or a person to refer me to :) I appreciate all the hard work she does for the church!

MooneysLanding said...

That is awesome of you to do this for my mom. I am beaming with pride as I read this, and I know she appreciates it too! She is an amazing woman of God.

Ryan Hawley said...

Diana is great. So much of what we do in Thrive is only possible because of Diana's hard work. Thanks so much!

Jennifer Gray said...

I can't agree more! I was taking someone through Partners and needed to get a binder for her at the church. I had NO time to drive there and back so I called the office to see if someone in SC could bring to their house. Of course, Diana did it! I was able to pick it up from her. I didn't know her, she didn't know me but the more I'm at church seeing her I'm realizing that is just something she would do.
Great post Chiara! Jen

Shannon said...

Chiara: I think it's great you encourage others with your blog posts. Mike has talked with Diana a few times and said she is really friendly and really helpful!

Maggie said...

I also am very thankful to the Lord for Diana Nichol. I had the privilege to work with her for several years and have nothing but goodness, praise, love and admiration for her. She is an excellent example of a "highly commited" participant at CBC.